pic

Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Work/Life Balance

It’s my daughter Sienna’s birthday and I have to go to Thailand for a conference. I know that she doesn’t mind the fact that we only have time for a brief ‘birthday breakfast’ before I fly out to Thailand for the week, but I have missed her birthday so many times for work engagements and wish I could be there more often. However, I do feel that I have really started to establish a much better work/life balance over the past two years, partly down to having more and better staff who can be left in charge of running the different sections of the business. I have spent so many years juggling working an 80 hour week with bringing up my daughter, that I am relieved to feel that a work/life balance is starting to materialise. I still work a full day and most nights until late, but I at least have a scattering of weekends at home over the Summer now, which is something which never occurred before. My husband, daughter and I even had our first fortnight family holiday together this year. It's the longest time I've taken off work since I started Pachacuti 16 years ago (even when Sienna was born I was out working at a show after 10 days with her slung in a hammock under rails of dresses!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home